Monday 26 April 2010



Today I went to the library to get out a book called Advertising Now by Julius Wiedemann which I thought would maybe help me with my visual essay but it turned out the Library staff could not seem to find the book for me. However I found this book called The Making of a Television Commercial by H. Ted Busch and Terry Landeck. I have started to read this and it seems very interesting and I have already learnt some useful things for example, " And the purpose of advertising is to inform the general public of a product.s performance and/ or function, and to stimulate enough interest in it to convince the viewer to buy it". Also that to make a commercial stand out from hundreds of others is very hard to do. " The challenge is to deliver the message in an interesting and meaningful manner- and this is where the creative side of advertising comes in.


No comments:

Post a Comment