Wednesday 14 April 2010


Pathway Choice (13th April Lecture):
Interactive Media, Visual Environments & Moving Image:

Tuesday we had a lecture where 3 second year students came in to talk to us about the three different pathways. I found this very useful and interesting to get an insight of what I will be doing next year and to have someone tell you in detail what is expected of you. I knew from the beginning I was not interested in Interactive Media and after hearing all the different codes, languages of action-scripts and the different softwares that are involved I was even more put off it. I have always been torn between Visual Environments and Moving Image and I feel after hearing the two people talk about them, that I am leaning more to film still. I mean there are 7 different assignments which is nice to have a variety of different topics, also 5 of them being individual and 2 being group work gives you an all round learning curve. Also hearing the different companies you could work with like the YMCA seems interesting and a good way of getting your foot through the door in a company. Virtual Environments seems really hard having 3 projects running simultaneously together, plus I do not think i would be interested in game design or visualisation so I would only be enjoying a 3rd of my actual course being animation. However the man mentioned you can then have an individual pathway which can then be defined within more pathways options, so that seems like it could be an option but still confusing I find. However I feel i am leaning more towards Moving Image, however I am still not 100% sure between Virtual Environments and Moving Image. However this lecture did help also I met up with a second year student before this which helped me even more.

1 comment: