Wednesday 27 October 2010


I have been extremely busy over this last week I have been working on my Context 2 essay I plan to have a draft finished today!

I watched the film Robin Hood which Jools mentioned we should see and I thought it was really good I had heard bad things from it but I would say its a must watch to people, it takes a while to get into but once you understand I think it s a really good film.

Deborah asked me last week to come up with a few ideas for some adverts and I came up with 3 not sure if there even that great but thought i d post them on here to see if anyone likes them:

1. This advert would be for a phone company, most people have a case for their phone, I had an idea that instead of putting your phone in a case you put a little person- the customer- showing that this network will do anything for their customers and that they are trustworthy and loyal.

2. Fedex- I had an idea that Fedex would be delivering a cake for a little girl for her birthday but the cake gets ruined as do a lot of people parcels sometimes, Fedex go out and replace the cake showing that they aim to deliver and to never disappoint.

3. For an energy efficient advertisement, someone in on a train and realises that they have left there oven on, however there phone allows them to activate a voice control to the house to turn it off.

Lecture 22nd October: Jools

In this lecture Jools discussed Mis-en-scene: Which is a french word for within the scene. We watched a series of clips from films analysing:

  • Blocking: Actors in relation to each other
  • Camera: Choice of lens
  • Image Design: Use of colour
  • Dramatic Content: Rhythms
  • Sound Design: Diegetic
Diegetic: Sound that is already there
Non-Diegetic: Sound that is added

Jools mentioned we should download Celtx, its to help us with scripts and I have done that so hopefully it should help me.


Jools also mentioned we should watch a film called The Conversation by Francis Ford Coppola so I will be getting that out of the library to watch as its suppose to be a great example of Mis-en-scene.

Later on in groups we looked at the script called tea which I found was very odd script, we sat in our groups discussing it and to see what we could change. We came to the following solutions that there referring to the tea as being a sexual thing.








Lecture: Phil 22/10/10

Later on I had a lecture by Phil again and it was really interesting he made us get into groups and do a a task about the film "Made in Dagenham"- Regional Launch, we had to discuss in our groups in about 15 minutes how we would arrange everything and I think it was a really good exercise to test ourselves to thinking logically and to research under pressure and come out with solutions very quickly.

Lecture: Jim Shorthose 26/10/10

Yesterday I had a lecture by Jim Shorthose and I found this lecture even more confusing than the last, I do not understand how he is helping us with the essay. I try to listen to understand how he could help me benefit with my essay but I just do not understand, I feel the same with his books!





I have also started watching another Alfred Hitchcock film called TOPAZ, I have watched nearly half of it when I finish the other half hopefully tomorrow I will post my notes on here.


1 comment:

  1. man alot here. glad you are really taking charge of your learning. the convo is good. also very, very good for sound design. sound really as a narrative device.
    jim's book is now on the NOW in context 2 so available to download as a pdf. read it again. think about the idea of how 'YOU' add to the creative growth of an area, what do you have to offer?

    ReplyDelete