Tuesday 17 November 2009


Hiya,

Well today I am meeting my group to edit are one shot short film, which will be interesting and I cannot wait to post it up here to show you guys =)

Meanwhile I have started that book I mentioned earlier in my blog called
In the Blink of an Eye, I have read the first 4 chapters and made notes:

Chapter 1- Foreword

  • The conversation and The Godfather Part 2
  • Return to Oz

Chapter 2- Preface to the second edition

  • 1995- was a watershed year in film-editing
  • It was the last time the number of films edited mechanically equaled the number of films edited digitally, every subsequent year, the digital number has increased and the mechanical number has proportionally decreased.
  • Saving Private Ryan- 1998
  • The English Patient
  • Touch of Evil and Apocalypse Now- Edited digitally.

Chapter 3- Preface

  • Ignor Stravinsky loved expressing himself
  • Hilary Furlong( then of the Australian film Commission)

Chapter 4- Cuts and Shadow Cuts

  • The average ratio for theatrical features is around 20 to 1.
  • The more film there is to work with, of course, the greater the number of pathways that can be considered and the possibilities compound upon each other and consequently demand more time for evaluation.
  • Few films combine such qualities and aspirations.

No comments:

Post a Comment