Friday 3 December 2010

Feel

Today, everything was sorted with the group for Feel and the edit is basically finished and ready for tuesday!

Practitioner's Essay

I went over my Essay and I feel it is finished, I just mite double check it over the weekend, its taken me ages to get the words down though having too many !!

Lecture: Editing

Today in the Lecture with Jools about Editing, we had to come up with a plot and specific, shot, music I came up with a woman who was in a changing room, her friends come in with some bad news, so I thought you d have a mid shot of the woman in the changing room with her bag making noises as she pulls her clothes out, then you d see a long shot of the girls coming in the changing room, you d hear talking and a close up of the door opening and shutting, then a mid shot of the girls sitting down with her and a close up of her face when she receives the news.

  • The Choices made in editing revolve around the idea of flexibility of viewpoint
  • Editor can alter time.
  • Most people don't speak in a constant monotone- they speed up or slow down, rhythm of a conversation back and forth.
  • harmony: sound and vision simultaneously
  • Counterpoint: 1 sound against another image usually for dramatic and emotional effect.
  • Dissonance: counterpoint techniques typically used to exploit, highlight discrepancies of image sound.
  • Sound trailing may work, instead of dissolving it.
  • Elevator Pitch: we watched a clip from Moulin Rouge on pitching an idea to a customer to buy. Then we had to go off individually and do our own pitch on anything we liked and pitch it to the whole class.
  • My product was a documentary on work experience for 16-25 year olds that would show on itv2 and be a 30 minute documentary based in my own home, showing people tips and ideas and an insight on how to use your work experience to your full advantage.
  • My target audience would mainly be students and school pupils for educational, work experience purposes, to give them an idea of what is expected of them.
  • I Intend to sell this by giving flyers out around universities as well as schools, to set up a website and a face book group, also to make a trailer to go onto the website giving an insight to what it is about.
  • I would be running this with the help of my peers to give out flyers and give me opinions for my website.
  • My competition is other documentary makers.
  • My competitive advantages is being able to show techniques, to inspire people and to show real life footage of what goes on in a work experience environment.
I was really nervous when doing this but actually got some good feedback, a few people mentioned they thought my was the best including Jools, so I can't have been that bad lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment