Friday 22 January 2010

Task A

My creativity is enjoying printing designs on fabrics, whilst I was doing my a-levels; I really enjoyed looking at Zandra Rhode's work and getting my inspiration from her. I did this for myself as I enjoyed the process of producing it. I want in the future for me to enjoy every aspect of the work I do including the design and the making of it. I would like to get inspiration of other people's work and improving it and then to review it and to establish if I have improved the original product.

Task B

I feel most comfortable when researching means interacting with other people by opening up my thoughts to new areas I would have not thought of and incorporating them into a new idea. I feel my research has to be physical, very hands on, looking at books, possibly the internet and talking to people is the best source to see what other people are doing or how other people are approaching the problem. I do worry about taking the wrong steps but I realise I need to learn from my mistakes. At this stage I am not clear as to what research is irrelevant to my personal development. I do understand that research and development is a continuous process to develop my skills.

On tuesday we had to watch an awful film called Iron Man which I found not interesting and very confusing and to be ohest it was sick. I am trying to understand and research this film so i can understand its relevance.

Later on we had a seminar, where we were given task A and B as above.

No comments:

Post a Comment